lunes, 16 de julio de 2012

Homeless shelter (COTS)

When we were getting to the shelter's building I was very nervous because I didn't wanted the people to feel uncomfortable with my presence in their home. When we arrived I liked how we were received by the woman of COTS she was very attentive. When we were inside the bedrooms I was very moved because I saw how they live together sometimes without their families and I felt very sad about that because even though I don't live with the both of my parents I can sleep with them. I wanted to ask them When were you born ? What's your dream ? What do you'd like to do in a future ? But unfortunately I couldn't because they were having lunch. I was expecting to met them but it was okay I really don't wanted to bother them
In their lunch. In my country there are some shelters for people homeless but I don't really know a lot of them. I think that it depends on the place were the shelters are placed so they have good conditions or someone have bad conditions.

During the scavenger hunt I was bet exited because there were many places that we had to search for and it was amazing. I felt like exploring and finding out many new places that were interesting. I really loved that activity I learned the schedules that the most of the restaurants have in Burlington and what do they sell. There are a lots of variety in selling things. I found out many places were we can have many cute photos and were we can have a nice time with friends. I'd like to do it again

1 comentario:

  1. I really like the thoughtfulness of your post here. It shows that you thought about how you would impact these people for whom this shelter is their temporary 'home.'

    I'm also glad that you enjoyed the scavenger hunt! Is it possible to add photos from the hunt to your blog?

    ~Sarah

    ResponderEliminar